Search This Blog

Thursday 7 July 2011

I'd rather have tea with Alice in Wonderland


On a typical weekday after 3 hours of dry lecturing by our lovely prof and being so tired of the oily, disgusting food near campus, my friend and I decided to go to a place a few blocks from campus; Alice Fazzoli's. I usually prefer small bistros instead of chain restaurants (or restaurant chains?) because their food is usually more personal and overall a better quality because they don't have to produce a mass amount of food each day. However, I was looking forward to revisiting Alice Fazooli's since they have the best bread I've ever tasted! 




Both my friend and I ordered the same thing; Seafood Linguine. It has mussels, scallops, shrimps, baby spinach (I believe), and shredded green and red pepper. All the seafood, except for the shrimp tastes very fresh, for a seafood dish, freshness of the seafood really makes or breaks the dish. This dish tastes pretty good for a restaurant chain, the portion is great, neither of us were able to finish the whole thing. The linguine is just store bought quality, nothing special. 

What really disappointed me was that they no longer serve the rosemary bread that I was obsessed with there. The new replacement is just like a regular baguette. :'( 

Overal Review: 
Food: 7.6/10
Beyond disappointed about the rosemary bread. The linguine was good but...my rosemary bread... :(

Ambience: 7.5/10
It has this cliché modern design which is way too overused these days. I mean, it's not bad, but it's  blah.

Service: 7/10
Maybe because we went at such an odd time (4pm), we could never get hold of our waiter and the food took super long to come despite the fact that we were the only people there.

Price: 8/10
$17 for the seafood linguine, pretty good in my opinion.

Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Unless I'm surrounded by Swiss Chalets, Jack Astor's, or MacDonald's, I don't think I will visit Alice Fazooli's again.

Address:
294 Adelaide St W
Toronto, ON M5V 1P6

(416) 979-5413


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment