Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Easy as 1,2,3!


So the other day, I went to a Korean supermarket and found the large pack of frozen buckwheat noodles on the left. It also contains the soup base for Naengmyeon. Basically, these are all the ingredients I used to make the Korean cold noodle. (Some of the stuff here are extra, and not Korean, but it tastes better together in my opinion :). 



...Inside the big green package, to left are frozen buckwheat noodles and the right is one of 3 packs of soup base included. *Please don't make the same mistake as me; thaw your soup base beforehand (don't defrost the noodles though).


Just put the frozen noodles in boiling water and it'll break apart by itself. Cook at high heat for about 3 mins.


To achieve that chewy taste, use cold water to rinse your noodles until they're chilled.


While the noodles are cooking, cut up your apple and cucumber into shreds.


Boil your egg.


Put the noodles at the bottom and place the cucumber and apple shreds on top.


The soup base is more salty than sour, and this dish is supposed to be sour, so I put in some sushi vinegar. If you have apple vinegar, use that, it's even better!


Place the egg and masago caviar on top, and tada! Perfect dish for a blazing summer day! Bon appetite! :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you should attend Night It Up! this weekend! Haven't seen you in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i will :P im going friday. :) you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there both days, since i'm one of the organizers this year. You should text me when you're there! : )

    ReplyDelete