Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2011

Taste of LA Pt. 5


After a long day in Disneyland, all the restaurants near our hotel is closed, so we ordered room service. On the menu, they had "Peking Duck" under pizza, so I though oh, it's probably because they have no category for it and the bread accompanying Peking Duck looks kinda like pizza dough. But NO, they delivered THIS! Literally duck mixed with plum sauce and cheese. And so, I was laughed at for the rest of the trip for ordering this. It's a really weird combination, and the duck is all dried. So if you decide to order room service from Hilton hotels, do yourselves a flavour and don't order this lol.


And of course, I had to have my daily intake of veggies. :) This was also the first time I've had pattypan squash (the tiny, fat yellow ones), and they're sooo good... mmm...


Some crazy woman (my friend) was craving for rice while we were at Hollywood Blvd, so we went to this Japanese restaurant in Hollywood Highland Centre (shopping mall there).




The sauce on the left side is "soy sauce" and I don't even know what the one on the right is. It tastes like horseradish, sesame, mustard mixed together. Not a very good combination. :/


Condiments.



My meal; everything tastes VERY Americanized (not in a good way). If I ever return to LA, I don't think I will visit this place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment