Search This Blog

Saturday 17 December 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

This entry will not be a review, mainly because I don't remember the name/exact location for these photos. :P 


So apparently, bars and pubs across Seattle have happy hours in the afternoon from around 2-5 and at night from 9-close where everything on the menu is 50% off. So once we landed in Seattle, we just went to a bar across from our hotel and ordered this yummy shrimp ceviche. The shrimps were so flippin fresh! My goodness! This easily could appear on a nice restaurant's menu.

Dish: 8.5/10
Perfect treat for summer, but being the healthy person that I am, I kinda wish there were more shrimps and less chips.


Fried calamari. Fresh seafood really makes the dish. By far some of the best calamari I've had. Definitely restaurant quality.

Dish: 9/10


So Seattle is really big on seafood chowders. This is my lobster chowder. Better than anything I've had in Toronto. Even better than the seafood chowders in PEI.

Dish: 7/10 A bit over reduced for my taste. The taste is so strong that it's kinda bullying your taste buds.


Dungeness crab chowder. I mean, you can already tell how delicious this chowder is by its name. Need I say more?

Dish: 8.5/10

My yummy pecan and citrus salade!

Dish: 8.5/10 If only it was more zesty...


My first ever fish taco. Too spicy for me to finish.

Dish: 5.5/10 Too many different flavours competing for the spotlight. Too overwhelming for me.


Washington heirloom organic tomatoes bruschetta. "The best in the country". Yeah, definitely the best tomatoes I've ever eaten. You know how tomato is classified as a fruit? The taste never really convinced me, but THESE tomatoes really do taste like fruits. Even those who don't like to eat raw tomatoes will find this quite dang delicious.

Dish: 9.5/10 It's hard to make such a simple dish leave such a strong impression. But it did, my only complain is that the bread is a bit burnt.


I wish I remember the name of this pasta. The cheese literally sent me to heaven. It is rich and creamy, yet remained light and fresh at the same time. Quite paradoxical, but once you've tried it, you'll understand. I'm kinda kicking myself for not remembering the name of the restaurant or the cheese. I crave for it every time I see this photo. I'm seriously considering revisiting Seattle just so I can find out the name of the cheese. If anyone knows, please tell me!

Dish: 10/10 the cheese made the dish..


Veggie lasagna.

Dish: 9.5/10 it tastes perfect, it's just the portion is a bit small..


Now this is what you call a lasagna. The layers are so think and tender. Although it's a vegetarian dish, it does not leave you craving for the taste of meat afterwards. They also imported the cheese they use from Italy and they make their own pastas I believe. Now this is what you call an Italian restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment