Search This Blog

Saturday 17 December 2011

Taste of LA Pt. 6

I know I haven't updated the site for a long time, but I promise to post a lot more during the holidays! :) 


My first Wolfgang experience. For those who are not familiar, Wolfgang Puck is a California based chef and he's been given the title as "The Greatest Chef in the World." So of course, I had to go to one of his restaurants when I was in LA. His cooking style is a fusion of Cali and French cuisine.




The whole restaurant is decorated with his photos.


Complimentary bread.


Complimentary cream of mushroom soup.


Our crab cakes appetizer. The hot crab cakes and the chilled tomatoes and onions is the perfect match. The zesty toppings perfectly neutralizes the basic-ness of the crab cakes and the spicy cream sauce at the bottom just gives the dish this extra kick.



Very underwhelming entrée. After a spectacular appetizer, I expected the entrée to be the same quality, especially because this dish is recommended by the waiter. I just don't know what to say about this salmon, it just feels like I can have this dish in any restaurant.


Three cheese ravioli. I only had a bite of this, but I remember really liking it. It is rich and creamy; everything a cheese ravioli dish should be plus that special kick of flavour. Definitely up to par.

Overall Review:
Food: 8/10
Lost points for that generic salmon entrée.

Ambiance: 7.5/10
It's comfortable and clean, yet a bit generic for my taste.

Service: 8.5/10
I liked how they gave us complimentary soup, most restaurants don't do that. The food came at a relatively good speed and the waiter is almost always there when we need him.

Price: 8/10
Pretty good since it's a Wolfgang restaurant. ~$25/person.

Final Verdict: 8.5/10
Is this restaurant worth a try when you're around the area? Yes. Would I come back to this restaurant? Probably not, I feel that we've gotten a taste of what it has to offer already. Would I try another Wolfgang restaurant? Definitely.

Address:

1000 Universal Studios Blvd
Universal CtyCA 91608
Neighborhood: Universal City
(818) 985-9653



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment