Search This Blog

Thursday 19 May 2011

Krazy about Korean (Restaurants) Part 2




The day after I've been to the Korean restaurant in the previous post or the day after that, I was still craving for Korean food. Since I don't have a ride, I decided to go to Seoul Garden which is like a 30 mins walk from my house. I've always wanted to come but never had a chance until now.. 



I've seen pictures on Facebook since a lot of my friends have been here.


My grandma and I were here for lunch and the place is awfully quite and empty. We were the only customers in this huge place. Then I was thinking uh oh, not a good sign.

Super high ceiling.



Legit Korean grill for Korean BBQ :)


Appetizers. If you have never been to a Korean restaurant, the appetizers are absolutely free and you can ask them for more. :)


Sweet beans; a bit salty compared to the other places.


Seaweed.


Sweet potatoes; as in regular potatoes made with a sweet sauce. From what I know, these potatoes are supposed to be fried and there should be a sticky sugar-like sauce on it. This one is kinda different, more salty, and I like the ones in other restaurants more.


Pickled turnip.


Mung bean sprouts. From what I know, they're supposed to use the Korean soya bean sprouts (ones with a bigger yellow head).


Kimchi-ed cucumbers (well at least that's how I call it lol!)


Kimchi! I mean, it's not a Korean dinner without kimchi!


I believe it's pan fried pumpkin paste with green onions.


My grandma's tofu dumpling soup. I've only tasted the soup and it's on the bland side.


My Gamjatang (pork bone soup)! Recently, I've been obsessed with this dish. But this failed to impress me. As you can see, the soup base isn't even red! This also lacks flavour and spiciness. The good thing is it has a lot of veggies. But they're also missing soya sprouts! Sigh, my Korean kravings weren't satisfied that day. 

Overall Review: 
Food: 6.5/10
My friends were right, the food here isn't that good. They also had these traditional drinks on the menu that I wanted to try, but the waitress told me they didn't have any. 

Ambience: 10/10
I mean, the photos says it all. Even though there weren't anyone else there, a part of me really liked that. There's nothing I love more than a nice and quite meal paired with such serene looking ambience. Definitely a good experience in this aspect. 

Service: 8.5/10
The waitress is nice and she's always here when we need her. But there's only one waitress. Even though one is sufficient to serve us, but the ratio of restaurant tables to waitresses isn't right. 

Price: 7.5/10
Eh, not bad for Korean food. I believe the bill was under $20 or $25. The other places are a bit cheaper, but I guess the price accounts for the ambience. 

Final Verdict: 7.5/10
I mean it's Scarborough, you can't expect much to be authentic except for Chinese food. If you live near the area, this is an okay place to go. But if you live in downtown, save yourself the trip and you'll definitely find better Korean cuisine there. 

Shout outs to all the U.S. and Europe readers out there! Thanks for your continual support (even though I'm talking about restaurants in Toronto)! :) 

Address: 
4350 Steeles Ave E
Markham, ON L3R 9V4
(905) 305-0699



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment