Search This Blog

Thursday 19 May 2011

Krazy for Korean (Restaurants) Part 1


After a laborious week of work, both my coworker and I were craving for some Gamjatang (pork bone soup). We didn't feel like travelling for this since my feet were swollen and well, she's just too lazy lol! :P My coworker suggested this place near where we live.


*note: Gamjatang tastes slightly different wherever you go since different people make it differently. So you have to find a restaurant that has the flavours you like and stick with it.

For me, this dish was lacking in many ways. It lacks bean sprouts, lacks spice, and lacks flavour. I think it is safe to say this is not my favourite.


This stranger here, is too manly for spicy food, so he ordered a Bulgogi (Korean marinated beef) plus rice. According to him, the beef was good, but I didn't try it, so I don't know. I believe he asked to be featured on my blog, so there you go stranger. :)

Overall Review:
Food: 6.7/10
The appetizers weren't that good either. The sweet potatoes is dried out and there's no sauce.

Ambience: 4/10
It looks too Chinese to be a Korean restaurant, except for the Korean series playing on the tv. I mean, it doesn't even have a buzzer on the table like legit Korean restaurants.

Service: 8.5/10
The lady was nice, I asked her to teach me how to say something in Korean and she did. The food came relatively fast, but it took forever for her to notice we want the bill.

Price: 10/10
Krazy cheap. My meal plus tax was under $7 and I left with a full stomach. Besides, there was unlimited appetizers.

Final Verdict: 6.5/10
If I had a car, I'd rather go to Nak Won, or even the Dumpling Place at Sheppard and Brimley (they have the best Gamjatang there!).

However.. I've only tried one thing at this shop, so in order to do a better review, I'd have to try their other stuff to be accurate with the ratings.

Address:
633 Silver Star Blvd
Scarborough, ON M1V 5N1

(416) 412-9588



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment