Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 May 2011

So intoxicating.


After a long and dry lecture of statistics, my tourist friend and I decided to go out for a nice dinner. This place is made for her since she loves beer. Beerbistro is known for its wide selection of beers. It is said that the beers there is the equivalent to fine wine. 

18 King Street East (at Yonge Street)
Toronto, Ontario
M5C 1C4 
416.861.9872


View Larger Map



I apologize for the terrible photo quality. They have this thing where you can choose 3 beers from the collection to try for $6, so both my friend and I got one. The bottom ones are mine. The bottom right is a raspberry beer (which is my favourite because you can actually taste the raspberry flavours and it's very fruity). The middle is caramel beer. The first second of tasting it was good, you could also taste a hint of caramel, but the after taste is bitter and nasty. The left is some German beer that's supposed to be fruity, but it just tastes like regular beer. The top left is an English beer and again, it just tastes like regular beer but less strong. The top middle is a German beer made with banana and cloves. You can actually taste the banana flavours. I have no idea what the top right is, I don't even remember how it tastes anymore. :P


Again, sorry for the picture quality. This is my friend's crab meat quesadilla. The whole thing was hot and flavourful, and it's made with real crab meat. Friend: "there are remains of crab shells in the quesadilla, not very pleasant. Also, I can make better guacamole myself." I liked it though.


Oh hi there. :) Everyone is so dressed up that it was kinda awkward for us to walk in with backpacks on our backs. We also feel a bit underdress because everyone around us were in suits and dresses.



My Belgian mussels in the white cream sauce and garlic. I think I had too much mussels lately, this bowl of mussels actually made me feel quite sick. I'm sure it's me and not the mussels though. Anyways, this was not very satisfying for me, I was craving for bread and meat afterwards. The taste of the dish was okay. It's not bad but not extraordinary neither. The mussels were not as fresh as I expected. It actually tastes kinda like it has been frozen for a while.

Overall Review:
Food: 7.5/10
The Beerbistro didn't convert me into a beer lover. My friend actually had to finish the beer for me. :P I loved my friend's quesadilla, but my mussels was disappointing. For what the restaurant claims itself to be, it did not meet my expectations.

Ambience: 9/10
Very nice place to eat. Most people actually stay there for a very long time and just chat. It is not one of those restaurants where you finish your food and go, but it is more of a conversation place. It was only slightly awkward because of our attire and you can't really eat with your hands. That was pretty hard to do considering what we ordered.

Service: 10/10
Our waiter was super nice and super cute. Our food came in a reasonable time and the waiter was there whenever we needed him. He always had a smile on his face and very polite.

Price: 8.5/10
The price was reasonable for the food we got. My bill was ~$25 (the beers and the mussel).

Final Verdict: 8.5/10
If you love beer, this place will be heaven for you. My friend absolutely loved this place. Overall, it was a very nice experience. Don't think I would revisit this place though, since its main thing was beer and mussels and the mussels weren't that great.


2 comments:

  1. I prefer any name over "my tourist friend."
    I agree, the food wasn't amazing. But the beer selection was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lols what would you like to be called? :P

    ReplyDelete