Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Alimentaires Nostalgique Partie Quatre

So a reader asked me continually to update my blog more often and post more pictures. But I'm kinda exhausted, so this will be another photo blog and not a review. 


The following is taken in Brussels, Belgium a few years ago. (Yeah, I haven't really had time to try new restaurants lately..)


Belgium's famous fries with honey and mayonnaise dipping sauce.


Belgium's famous mussels in white wine sauce.


A Belgian dish called Crevette Tomate (shrimp tomatoes). Yeah chefs from different countries try to replicate this, but it is never the same. The secret? The shrimps they use can only be found in Belgium.


The famous Belgian waffle. Don't believe it when stores in Canada or the States call their waffles "authentic Belgian waffles." Trust me, I've tried many stores in North America, and I still haven't found a store that's truly authentic.

Difference? All the Belgian waffles are honey/sugar glazed.


Waffle with mango gelato and chocolate syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment