Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

Smells Delicious!

Warning: The following entry may not be suitable for all viewers and may gross you out (if you're squeamish). Reader's discretion is advise. 


So I've heard about this restaurant while I was in Hong Kong, and I just had to hunt it down and try it! 




I've been to themed restaurants before, but none went all out like this one. 



Some people may find it gross to eat at a toilet themed restaurant, but I find it grossly amusing. I mean, not everyone can drink out of cups shaped like urinals haha.



Yeup. Chocolate ice cream.



That's where we were seated.


Someone's chicken and cheese spaghetti. Not flavoured enough. You can barely taste the cheese, and the cheese texture is awfully similar to the Kraft Dinner mix. Bleh.


My cousin's meal. It didn't actually stink fyi. I just made him pose this way :P


My meal. Seafood hot pot in Hokkaido milk broth. It sounded so good, and it has all kinds of shell fish and other seafood. But the broth totally ruined it. It's way too overreduced. The broth tastes like super concentrated milk powder. It tastes extremely unnatural and borderline dessert like. "Dessert" just doesn't go well with seafood nor hot pot.


Yeup, eating out of a toilet bowl haha.


I mean, I had to. :P


Where we eat.


It's a real toilet!


Also where we eat.

                                      

What's inside the table.


Oh such classy décor right? haha


Yeah.. they went all out.




Where we eat.


So on each table, there's this tiny sticker saying: urination prohibited, customers may be held accountable for any damage to the toilets. This totally made my day haha.

Overall review:
Food: 4/10
They're very lazy with their food and you can tell. There was either not enough or too much flavour, and they focused too much on the presentation that they compromised their food. I don't like to use this word unless I feel strongly about it, but the food is amateur.

Ambiance: 10/10
What can I say? They went all out to make their food and décor fit the toilet theme.

Service: 6/10
Passed, but not great.

Price: 5/10
Overpriced for the quality of food. But you're paying more for the experience than the food.

Final Verdict:
4/10 If you're going for the food. Like I said, it's overpriced and amateur.
9/10 If you're going for the experience. This is definitely one of the most memorable restaurants I've been to. If you want to have a good laugh with friends, then I highly suggest paying this restaurant a visit!

Address:
There are many locations across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. If you're interested, you can find a location near you in the following website.

http://www.moderntoilet.com.tw/en/store.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment